5/1 Game Review
Louisville lost 5-4 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Kristopher Negron went 2-5 with a triple, HR (1) and 2 runs.
- Neftali Soto went 2-4 with a double and a walk.
- Mike Costanzo went 2-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Corky miller went 2-4.
- Brett Tomko allowed 2 earned in 5 innings with 5 walks and 4 strikeouts.
After Durham took a 1 run lead in the bottom of the 8th, Kristopher Negron hit a tying solo home run with 2 outs to send the game to extra innings. Josh Judy was unable to hold the lead though and allowed the winning run in the bottom of the 10th. Neftali Soto continues to heat up as he extended his hitting streak to 6 games. Over his last 9 games he is hitting .343 with 6 doubles and 4 walks.
Pensacola won 5-4 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-4 with a double, walk and RBI.
- Henry Rodriguez went 2-4 with a walk.
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Koyie Hill went 2-5 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Cody Puckett went 3-4 with a HR (2), walk, 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Wirfin Obispo threw 3 perfect innings of relief with 2 strikeouts.
- Justin Freeman threw a shutout inning of relief with 2 strikeouts.
- Donnie Joseph threw 2 shutout innings of relief with a strikeout.
Jackson took a 4-0 lead heading into the bottom of the 3rd inning, but was not able to score again. The Blue Wahoos put up four runs between the 3rd and the 6th before Koyie Hill was able to score on a Cody Puckett single in the bottom of the 10th. Puckett has quietly put together a strong first month of the season, now hitting .307/.435/.453 with 17 walks and 18 strikeouts. Henry Rodriguez was able to extend his hitting streak to 9 games. In that stretch he is hitting .389 with 4 walks and just 3 strikeouts. Donnie Joseph is now up to 12 innings on the season without an earned run. He also has an incredibly 19.00 groundout-to-fly out rate this season.
Bakersfield lost 5-4. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-4 with a double.
- Donald Lutz went 1-4 with a run.
- Travis Mattair went 1-3 with a walk, 2 runs and a solo HR (6).
- David Vidal went 1-3 with a walk, RBI and a run.
- AJ Means went 2-4 with 2 RBI.
- Jamie Walczak threw 2 shutout innings of relief with 4 strikeouts.
- Blaine Howell threw a scoreless inning of relief.
The Blaze had a 4 run deficit heading into the bottom of the 9th inning and made a good bid for the comeback as they fell one run short. Billy Hamilton’s two hits pushed him back over the .400 mark, now hitting .402/.481/.598 on the season. He went without a steal in the game for the first time in 8 games. Travis Mattair hit his 6th home run of the season, tying him for the team lead.
Dayton was off
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|