5/7 Game Review
Louisville lost 4-2. Box Score
- Chris Valaika went 1-4 with a run.
- Denis Phipps went 1-4 with a HR (4) and 2 RBI.
- Bill Rhinehart went 3-3.
- Corky Miller went 1-3.
- Scott Carroll threw a perfect inning of relief with a strikeout.
- Travis Webb threw a perfect inning of relief with a strikeout.
The offense continues to struggle. Corky Miller pushed his average up to .300 on the season in the loss. Bill Rhinehart with a good night, reaching base with a single each time he went to the plate.
Pensacola loses 3-2 in 12 innings. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-5 with a walk and a steal (7).
- Didi Gregorius went 0-4 with 2 walks and a run.
- Joel Guzman went 2-6 with a solo HR (4).
- Brodie Greene went 4-5 with a steal (5).
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-1 as pinch hitter.
- Mark Serrano threw 5 shutout innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Donnie Joseph threw 2 shutout innings of relief with a walk and 4 strikeouts.
- Justin Freeman threw a hitless inning of relief.
In the top of the 12th Didi Gregorius walked with two outs and Henry Rodriguez laced one down the line. Didi Gregorius looked like he had a chance to score only to see the ball bounce over the wall for a ground rule double. Joel Guzman struck out to end the inning. Chris Manno struggled with his control in his first game back since coming off of the DL. He walked two hitters and with two outs he threw a wild pitch that let in the game winning run. Brodie Greene is warming up again, hitting .473 over his last 5 games. The extra innings double by Henry Rodriguez made him 1-6 and extended his hitting streak to 15 games.
Bakersfield won 9-7. Box Score
- Devin Lohman went 2-4 with a HR (3), HBP and 3 runs.
- Bryson Smith went 2-5 with a double, 2 RBI and a run.
- Donald Lutz went 3-5 with a double, RBI and a run.
- David Vidal went 1-3 with a 3-run HR (6).
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a triple and a run.
- Tucker Barnhart went 2-4 with 2 doubles and a run.
- Tony Cingrani allowed 1 earned (5 total) in 6 innings with 3 walks and 8 strikeouts.
- Curtis Partch allowed a run in 3 innings with 3 strikeouts.
The Blaze jumped out to a 9-0 lead after four innings, but were shut down by the Lancaster bullpen. Tony Cingrani proved to be human. While he only allowed 1 earned run in the game, he did give up 4 unearned runs including an unearned home run that followed what was originally ruled an inside the park home run that was later changed to an error that should have ended the inning. Bryson Smith is on fire, hitting .366 over his last 10 games and he has 3 multi-hit games in a row. Donald Lutz raised his average to .316 on the season. David Vidal hit his 6th home run of the year, but was thrown out of the game after arguing balls and strikes after what he thought was his second strikeout on a questionable pitch. Tucker Barnhart is 7 for his last 15. Billy Hamilton returned to the line up and went 1-5 with a run. Devin Lohman extended his hitting streak to 6 games.
Dayton was rained out. Double header today starting at 6pm.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|