5/9 Game Review
Louisville won 6-5. Box Score
- Denis Phipps went 1-4 with a double and RBI.
- Bill Rhinehart went 1-3 with a walk and solo HR (2).
- Danny Dorn went 0-2 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Chris Valaika went 2-4 with a run.
- Mike Costanzo went 1-3 with a run and RBI.
- Pedro Villarreal allowed 2 earned (5 total) in 5.2 innings with no walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Nick Christiani threw a perfect inning of relief.
- Jordan Smith threw a perfect inning for the save.
The win was only the 2nd in the Bats last 10 games. Pedro Villarreal had a solid debut in AAA. Bill Rhinehart has been on fire of late, hitting .423 with a .692 slugging percentage over his last 8 games.
Pensacola lost 5-3. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 3-3 with a double, walk, 2 RBI and a run.
- Joel Guzman went 1-3 with a walk and a double.
- Cody Puckett went 1-4 with a run.
- Yordanys Perez went 1-4 with a run.
- Daniel Corcino allowed 2 earned in 6 innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts.
- Chris Manno threw a perfect inning of relief with a strikeout.
Daniel Corcino was at 89 pitches through 6 innings and was sent out for the 7th. He walked the first batter and was then pulled. Clayton Tanner came on and wasn’t able to record an out, giving up a run for Corcino and 2 of his own before giving way to Drew Hayes. That 7th inning was crazy. Three wild pitches led to four runs scored in the inning. Yes, the final wild pitch of the inning scored TWO runs. Not sure I have ever seen that before. Drew Hayes was responsible for two of the wild pitches, though the first one could have easily been called a passed ball. The second one was a breaking ball in the first that Koyie Hill took his time getting to. He lightly jogged to the ball, which led to the second run scoring on the play. Henry Rodriguez had the day off, so his hit streak remains in tact.
Bakersfield won 7-4. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with 2 runs and a steal (32).
- Bryson Smith went 2-3 with 4 RBI and a HBP.
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a run.
- Andrew Means went 1-4 with ad ouble and a run.
- Tucker Barnhart went 2-4 with 2 RBI and 2 runs.
- Pat Doyle allowed 1 run in 2.2 innings of relief.
- Jamie Walczak threw 2.1 shutout innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Curtis Partch threw a perfect 9th inning with a strikeout for the save.
Daniel Renken left the game early after injuring his leg while making a play on the third base line. No word on the extent of the injury as of the end of the game. Tucker Barnhart has really caught fire lately, hitting .375 in May. Bryson Smith is just as hot, hitting .366 over his last 10 games with four multi-hit games in his last five games.
Dayton lost 4-1. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a walk.
- Steve Selsky went 1-3.
- Yovan Gonzalez went 1-3.
- Theo Bowe went 1-2 with a walk and a run.
- James Allen allowed a run in 4.2 innings of relief with a walk.
- Kyle McMyne threw a scoreless inning of work with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Daniel Tuttle started the game, but was only able to make it 1.1 innings before being ejected from the game after a walk in the 2nd inning. Ryan Wright drove in the only run of the game, but went hitless. The Dragons were only able to gather 4 hits on the game. Kyle McMyne continued his early season dominance out of the bullpen as he lowered his ERA to 1.72 with 3 walks and 17 strikeouts in 15.2 innings.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|