6/8 Game Review
Louisville lost 7-3. Box Score
- Joey Gathright went 2-4 with a double.
- Willie Harris went 1-3 with a walk.
- Bill Rhinehart went 3-4 with a double and 2 runs.
- Dioner Navarroy went 2-3 with a walk, HR (2) and 2 RBI.
- Josh Judy allowed just a walk in 1.2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Scott Carroll threw 2 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
Louisville jumped out to a 2-0 lead after the top of the 2nd inning, but Syracuse was able to tie it up after three innings. The Bats got their 3rd run in the top of the 4th, but Syracuse broke it open in the bottom half with a 4 run inning and added another run in the 5th before the bullpens for both teams kept it scoreless the rest of the way.
Pensacola won 3-0. Box Score
- Ryan LaMarre went 1-3 with 2 walks and a run.
- Brodie Greene went 3-4 with a walk, solo HR (2) and 2 runs.
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Yordanys Perez went 1-4 with an RBI.
- PJ Phillips went 2-4.
- Tony Cingrani threw 6 shutout innings with 2 walks and 9 strikeouts.
- Justin Freeman threw 2 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Drew Hayes threw a hitless 9th for the save with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Tony Cingrani….. new day, same results. Well, kind of. The line looks nice with 2 walks and 9 strikeouts, but he didn’t exactly pound the strikezone with 99 pitches and just 58 strikes. Still, Cingrani pushed his season ERA to 1.17 in 69.1 innings with 17 walks and 85 strikeouts. Ryan LaMarre extended his hitting streak to 6 games.
Bakersfield won 6-5. Box Score
- Dominic D’Anna went 2-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Juan Duran went 1-3 with 2 walks and a run.
- Jaren Matthews went 2-5 with 2 RBI and a run.
- Tucker Barnhart went 1-2 with 2 walks and a run.
- Jason Christian went 1-1 with 3 walks, an RBI and a run.
- Pat Doyle threw 3 shutout innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Michael Griffin threw a scoreless inning with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Kyle McMyne threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Brian Pearl threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Brian Pearl saved his 12th game of the year and lowered his ERA to 1.14. Michael Griffin has allowed just 1 run in his last 10 games with 11.2 innings pitched and 15 strikeouts. San Jose lost once again and the Blaze extended their lead in the division to 3.5 games with 9 games left in the first half.
Dayton lost 14-6. Box Score
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Kurtis Muller went 1-3.
- Steve Selsky went 1-4 with a HR (2) and 2 RBI.
- Ryan Wright went 1-4 with a run and a steal (12).
- Juan Silva went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Yovan Gonzalez went 2-4 with a HR (4), 2 RBI and 2 runs.
- Jacob Johnson allowed 3 earned (4 total) in 6 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
Dan Jensen took one for the team Friday night as he allowed 9 runs (5 earned) in 1.2 innings by allowing 8 hits. You really have to wonder if he is healthy at this point. In April he threw 15 innings as a reliever with a 1.80 ERA, 3 walks and 12 strikeouts. Since then he has thrown 25 innings with an ERA of 7.92 with 16 walks and 8 strikeouts, mostly as a starter.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|