7/15 Game Review
Louisville won 3-2. Box Score
- Denis Phipps went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Didi Gregorius went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Henry Rodriguez went 2-4.
- Xavier Paul went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Willie Harris went 1-3.
- Mike Costanzo went 2-3 with a double and a run.
- Corky Miller went 1-3.
- Pedro Villarreal allowed a run in 7 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- JJ Hoover allowed a run in 2 innings with 3 strikeouts.
Henry Rodriguez pushed his average up to .351 in Louisville (9 games). Pedro Villarreal lowered his ERA to 3.73 with the Bats (79.2 innings).
Pensacola won 6-2. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 1-4 with a solo inside the park home run (2).
- Andrew Means went 2-4.
- Bill Rhinehart went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Beau Mills went 2-4 with a double, 2 runs and a solo HR (6).
- Miguel Rojas went 2-3 with a run and a walk.
- Mark Fleury went 1-4 with a double, run and 2 RBI.
- Daniel Corcino went 1-3 with an RBI at the plate. On the mound he allowed a run in 6.1 innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
- Curtis Partch threw 1.2 shutout innings with 4 strikeouts.
You can see video of Hamilton’s inside the park home run here. I have no idea how there wasn’t an error ruled on the play. Maybe not on the catch, but the center fielder then shovels the ball 10 feet backwards. I timed Hamilton at 13.75 on it and he didn’t break out of the box as fast as he could have. Fast. Daniel Corcino lowered his ERA to 3.05 on the year. Curtis Partch has a 2.56 ERA with 10 walks and 30 strikeouts in 31.2 innings as a reliever with the Blue Wahoos. The win coupled with a Montgomery loss puts Pensacola in first place all by themselves.
Bakersfield – will update in the morning. Box Score
Dayton lost 3-2 in 10 innings. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 1-4 with a walk and a steal (18).
- Juan Perez went 1-4 with a walk.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 2-5.
- Sean Buckley went 1-4 with a walk.
- Nick O’Shea went 2-4 with a solo HR (2) and 2 runs.
- Joe Terry went 1-3 with a walk.
- Wes Mugarian allowed 2 runs in 5 innings with 2 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Dan Jensen threw 3 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Ryan Kemp allowed an unearned run in 1.2 innings.
The Dragons tied the game in the top of the 9th inning on a Nick O’Shea solo home run. An error with 1 out put a runner on base for Burlington in the 10th and a 2 out double brought the runner home.
Billings lost 9-3. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 2-5 with a solo HR (1) with 2 runs.
- Gabriel Rosa went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Jesse Winker went 1-2 with a double, 2 walks, 2 runs and an RBI.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 3-4 with a double, RBI and 2 runs.
- Carlos Sanchez went 2-4 with a Grand Slam (4) and 6 RBI.
- Robert Stephenson allowed a run in 5 innings with 9 strikeouts.
- Ben Klimesh threw 1.1 hitless innings with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Nick Routt threw 1.2 hitless innings with 3 strikeouts.
Robert Stephenson lowered his ERA to 2.10 on the year and picked up his first win of his career. He now has 8 walks and 33 strikeouts in 25.2 innings pitched. Ben Klimesh lowered his ERA to 1.54. Jesse Winker is hitting .365/.515/.459 and has 11 walks in his last 10 games. Carlos Sanchez had a huge game and is now hitting .289/.341/.590 in 83 at bats this season.
AZL Reds were postponed.
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|