Yesterday the Louisville Bats introduced Jim Riggleman to the media. At the press conference they also announced that Ted Power would be returning as the pitching coach and that Tony Jaramillo would be the hitting coach for the Bats. Jaramillo was the hitting coach with Pensacola in 2012. The Louisville Courier-Journal has up an article with some video from the press conference. However, if you want to watch the entire press conference, it is below compliments of the Louisville Bats official youtube channel.
Highlights from the press conference for those who didn’t listen to all 23 minutes:
- They are doubling the amount of giveaways as last year.
- Riggleman is pretty confident that Tony Cingrani and Daniel Corcino will be in Louisville.
- He also mentioned Justin Freeman, Curtis Partch and Wilkin De La Rosa as guys he was confident in being able to help the team.
- There may not be enough spots for all of the guys who deserve to be there.
- He described Billy Hamilton as “fearless”.
Keith Law released his farm system rankings Monday afternoon. The article is an Insider article, so if you are not a subscriber (and I am not) the link will be useless for you. He ranked the Reds 12th overall. That sounds pretty accurate to me. I think they have been underrated a few places nationally because of the amount of potential breakout guys they do have in the lower levels.