Billy Hamilton is dealing with a hamstring issue and is currently unable to play. It doesn’t sound too serious, but for a guy who relies on his legs for his game, it is worth noting and following. Hopefully it isn’t anything that lingers throughout the spring as it could really hold him back at the start of the year.
The Reds lost yesterday to the Giants 9-5. Here are the minor league performances:
- Denis Phipps went 2-3 with a run and a double.
- Neftali Soto went 1-1 with a walk and RBI.
- Donald Lutz went 1-2 with an RBI, double and a run.
- Derrick Robinson went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-2.
- Pedro Villarreal had a day to forget as he allowed 6 earned and 7 runs in 0.1 innings.
- Curtis Partch threw 1.2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
Not minor league related, but Dusty came out once again and said he is against starting Aroldis Chapman. Lance McAlister posed the question on sports talk last night if Dusty should just go with the company line rather than stir the feathers and potentially alter the team’s outlook on the situation because their “leader” is so opposed to the idea. Much less what it could be telling Chapman about his faith in his abilities.
That is all for now. There may be more in the afternoon if anything comes up.