Don’t forget that the MLB Futures Game is on today at 2pm EST on ESPN2. Billy Hamilton and Carlos Contreras will represent the Reds in the game. Hamilton is starting in center for Team USA.
Louisville lost 10-0. Box Score
- Denis Phipps went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Kristopher Negron went 1-3 with a double.
- Matt Kennelly went 1-3 with a double.
- Yohan Pino was charged with 2 unearned runs in 3 innings with a strikeout.
- Kanekoa Texeira threw a shutout inning.
- Nick Christiani threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Jose Diaz threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
Chad Reineke had a start to forget as he allowed 8 runs (7 earned) over 3 innings with 4 home runs allowed. The Bats offense never got going as they managed just three hits in the game.
Pensacola won 12-4, lost 6-0 in a double header.
Game 1: 12-4 win. Box Score
- Corey Wimberly went 3-5 with a double, RBI and 2 runs.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-4 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Donald Lutz went 2-4 with a double, walk, 2 RBI and 2 runs.
- Tucker Barnhart went 2-5 with a double and 2 RBI.
- Travis Mattair went 1-2 with 3 RBI and 2 walks.
- Ryan LaMarre went 2-4 with a walk, HR (8) and 3 runs.
- Brodie Greene went 2-4 with a solo HR (3), walk and 2 runs.
- Ryan Dennick threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Daniel Renken allowed 2 earned (4 total) in 4.2 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Lee Hyde threw 1.1 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Drew Hayes threw 2 shutout inning with a walk.
This game was suspended during the 2nd inning on Friday night due to rain and was resumed Saturday. The offense had a big game as they had 13 hits and 9 walks while scoring 12 times. The pitching was strong as they allowed just 2 earned over the 9 innings split up over four different pitchers due to the suspension.
Game 2: 6-0 loss. Box Score
- Travis Mattair went 1-2.
The Blue Wahoos had just one hit in the game, a single by Travis Mattair. Josh Smith had a rough start as he allowed 5 earned in 4.2 innings without a walk or a strikeout.
Bakersfield lost 3-2. Box Score
- Juan Silva went 2-5 with a double.
- Juan Silverio went 1-4 with a solo HR (12).
- David Vidal went 2-4 with a double.
- Juan Perez went 2-4 with with a solo HR (5).
- Carlos Gonazlez threw 4 shutout innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Sean Lucas allowed a run in 2.1 innings with 3 walks and 3 strikeouts.
Michael Dennhardt faced one batter before leaving the game with an apparent groin injury. Juan Silverio hit his 12th home run. He now has 12 home runs and 7 walks on the season. The Blaze were up 1-0 after 6 1/2 innings but the bullpen gave up 3 runs over the next two innings.
Dayton won 4-3. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 2-3 with a walk and a run.
- Jesse Winker went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Jeff Gelalich went 1-3 with a walk.
- Daniel Pigott went 1-4 with a run.
- Joe Hudson went 1-4 with a run.
- Robert Stephenson was charged 2 unearned runs in 6.2 innings with a walk and 8 strikeouts.
- Michael Lorenzen threw a shutout inning.
- Kyle McMyne was charged with an unearned run in an inning of work with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Robert Stephenson took a perfect game through five innings before giving up a single to the first batter of the 6th inning. He lowered his ERA to 2.57 on the season and now has 20 walks and 96 strikeouts in 77 innings pitched. Michael Lorenzen kept his ERA at 0.00 in his short pro career. The Dragons were down 2-0 heading into the 8th inning before rallying for 4 runs with two outs to take the lead.
Billings won 11-8. Box Score
- Jonathan Reynoso went 4-5 with a solo HR (1) and 3 runs.
- Avain Rachal went 2-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Phil Ervin went 1-4 with a double, walk, RBI and 2 runs.
- Daniel Paula went 1-4 with a walk, HR (2), 2 RBI and 2 runs.
- Taylor Terrasas went 1-2 with a walk and a run.
- Jhimmy Lopez went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Werleen Taveras allowed a run in 3 innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
Jonathan Reynoso got things started for the Mustangs in the first with an inside-the-park home run. He followed that up with three more hits and two more runs as he had a big day. Werleen Taveras allowed his first earned run of the year as his ERA shot up to 0.63.
AZL Reds won 11-10. Box Score
- Kevin Garcia went 2-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Cory Thompson went 2-5 with a run and an RBI.
- KJ Franklin went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Yonatan Suero went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Shedric Long went 1-3 with 2 runs.
- Aldi Guzman went 2-4 with an RBI and 2 runs.
- Oswaldo Mieres threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
The Reds staged a big come back as they were down 10-0 heading into the bottom of the 6th inning. In the 6th inning though they scored 9 runs to make a game out of it. The game remained scoreless until the bottom of the 9th when they scored 2 more, including the last on an error by the second baseman. Aristides Aquino went 1-5 but he made the one count as he cleared the bases with a triple for three runs.
7/14 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|