Louisville lost 8-1. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-4 with a run and a steal (69).
- Neftali Soto went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Daniel Corcino allowed 2 runs in 6 innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Kanekoa Texeira threw a perfect inning.
Things didn’t go well for Louisville after the 6th inning. Down 2-1 and heading into the 7th three relievers combined for 5 runs before the inning was over. The offense struggled as they had just 5 hits and a walk.
Pensacola lost 8-6 in 16 innings. Box Score
- Devin Lohman went 1-5 with a walk, RBI, run and 2 HBP.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 3-8 with 2 doubles, an RBI and 2 runs.
- Mike Costanzo went 2-8 with a double, run and 2 RBI.
- Travis Mattair went 2-8 with an RBI.
- Chris Berset went 1-7 with a walk.
- Ryan LaMarre went 3-8.
- Ray Chang went 2-5 with 2 runs and 2 walks.
- Theo Bowe went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Josh Smith threw 6 shutout innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Trevor Bell threw a shutout inning with a walk.
- Lee Hyde threw 2 shutout innings.
- Jamie Walczak threw 3 shutout innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Josh Smith had a strong start for Pensacola as he threw 6 shutout innings as he lowered his ERA to 3.60. He left with a 6-0 lead. The Blue Wahoos were up 6-1 heading into the 9th inning when things started to go wrong. Drew Hayes allowed a run before exiting the game with the bases loaded in the 9th inning with one out. Loek Van Mil gave up a grand slam to the next batter that tied the game up at 6. The game remained scoreless for 6 more innings before Jacksonville had two solo homers in the 16th inning. The offense wasn’t able to put together a rally and the longest game I have ever attended came to an end. Special hat tip to Chris Berset who caught all 16 innings. I didn’t play the game, sat for a few innings and my feet are still hurting.
Bakersfield won 3-2. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 1-4 with a double.
- Juan Silverio went 2-4 with a solo HR (16).
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-4 with a HR (20) and 2 RBI.
- Yovan Gonzalez went 1-3.
- Juan Perez went 1-3.
- Robert Stephenson threw 6 shutout innings with just a hit, walk and 9 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Moran threw 2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
Robert Stephenson dominated for the first 6 innings as he allowed just 2 base runners and had 9 strikeouts while needing just 67 pitches (49 strikes). Jimmy Moran took the shutout through the 8th inning. Home runs from Juan Silverio and Kyle Waldrop put the Blaze up 3-0. The Giants scored twice in the 9th but couldn’t get the job done to tie the game.
Dayton won 7-6. Box Score
- Sammy Diaz went 3-5 with a double and 2 runs.
- Jesse Winker went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- Phillip Ervin went 3-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 4-5 with 2 doubles, 2 RBI and a run.
- Tanner Rahier went 2-5 with an RBI.
- Joe Hudson went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Humberto Vaor went 1-3 with a walk, HR (2) and 2 RBI.
- Jackson Stephens allowed a run in 6.2 innings with 5 strikeouts.
Amir Garrett struggled as he allowed 4 earned in 1.2 innings with 3 walks. Jackson Stephens came on in relief and nearly went 7 innings as he lowered his ERA to 4.10 as he gave up just a single run in 6.2 innings. Dayton scored 5 runs in the 5th inning to take a 7-4 lead and held off a late rally by the Tin Caps who scored twice in the bottom of the 9th. Phillip Ervin raised his average to .349 with the Dragons. Seth Mejias-Brean raised his average back over .300 with a four hit night.
Billings won 3-2. Box Score
- Jon Matthews went 2-4 with 2 doubles and a run.
- Ty Washington went 2-3 with a double and a walk.
- Avain Rachal went 1-4 with a double.
- Daniel Paula went 1-3 with a walk.
- Jhimmy Lopez went 1-3 with a double and a walk.
- Luke Moran threw 5 shutout innings with a walk and 6 strikeouts.
- Nolan Becker threw 2.1 innings with an earned run with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Austin Muehring was charged with an unearned run in 1.2 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Luke Moran fired 5 shutout innings as he lowered his ERA to 3.88 on the season. The offense scored single runs in the 5th, 6th and 7th innings to take a 3-0 lead after 7 innings. Helena scored a run in the 8th and in the 9th but fell short of their comeback attempt.
AZL Reds lost 10-3. Box Score
- Aristides Aquino went 3-3 with a double and 2 walks.
- Logan Uxa went 1-4 with a double, walk and a run.
- Alberti Chavez went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Jose Fernandez went 2-4.
- Chadwick Tromp went 1-4 with a run.
- Joe Jocketty went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Franderlyn Romero allowed 3 earned (4 total) in 6 innings with a walk and 7 strikeouts.
- Chad Jones threw a perfect inning of relief.
Aristides Aqunio had a big game as he reached base all 5 times he went to the plate. Jose Fernandez added two hits.
8/11 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|