Louisville lost 6-5. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-4 with a run.
- Derrick Robinson went 3-5 with 2 doubles, an RBI and a run.
- Neftali Soto went 2-4 with a double, walk, run and 2 RBI.
- Felix Perez went 2-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-4 with a walk.
- Kristopher Negron went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Matt Kennelly went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Ryan Dennick threw 1.1 shutout innings.
- Jose Diaz threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
Chad Rogers struggled with his control as he walked 3 batters in 5.1 innings with 6 earned runs. With the Bats down 6-1 after six innings they rallied for four runs in the 7th inning to cut the Pawtucket lead to 6-5. That was the closest that they could get as they were shut down over the final two innings of the game. Billy Hamilton remained hot with two more hits to push his average to .333 over his last 10 games.
Pensacola lost 3-2 in 14 innings. Box Score
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-6 with a walk.
- Tucker Barnhart went 2-5 with a walk.
- Corey Wimberly went 1-3.
- Ray Chang went 1-3 with a run.
- Theo Bowe went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Tim Crabbe allowed a run in 6 innings with 3 walks and 9 strikeouts.
- Jamie Walczak threw a shutout inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Daniel Renken threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
- Trevor Bell allowed a run in 2 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Lee Hyde threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Drew Hayes threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
Tim Crabbe had another strong start as he lowered his ERA to 3.35 on the season with just one run allowed over 6 innings with 3 walks and 9 strikeouts. The Blue Wahoos took a 2-1 lead in the bottom of the 8th inning but Mississippi was able to tie the game up with a run in the top of the 9th inning. The two teams remained scoreless until the top of the 14th inning when Loek Van Mil allowed the leadoff batter to reach base before giving way to Drew Hayes who couldn’t keep him from scoring as he allowed a walk and a hit in the inning to load the bases before throwing a wild pitch that plated the winning run.
Bakersfield won 7-2. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 1-4 with a walk, RBI, 2 steals (56) and a run.
- Steve Selsky went 2-4 with a walk and 3 RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 4-4 with a double, solo HR (21) and 2 runs.
- David Vidal went 1-4 with a run.
- Julio Morillo went 1-2 with 2 walks and 3 RBI.
- Shane Dyer allowed a run in 6 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Moran threw a shutout inning with a walk.
- Pat Doyle threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
Shane Dyer threw 6 strong innings as he lowered his ERA to 3.45 with the Blaze. Offensively Kyle Waldrop led the way with a 4-4 day at the plate with two extra-base hits including his 21st home run that moved him into a 4th place tie in the league.
Dayton won 3-1. Box Score
- Jesse Winker went 2-4 with a run.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Zach Vincej went 1-2 with a HR (2) and 2 RBI.
- Joe Hudson went 2-3 with a double.
- Ismael Guillon allowed a run in 6 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Wandy Peralta threw 1.2 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Alejandro Chacin threw 1.1 hitless innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
Ismael Guilon put together a strong start with 5 strikeouts and a walk over 6 innings. Wandy Peralta and Alejandro Chacino followed Guillon out of the bullpen to shut the game down. Jesse Winker and Joe Hudson each had two hits in the game while Zach Vincej hit a home run and drove in two.
Billings lost 10-1. Box Score
- Carlos Sanchez went 1-4 with a double.
- Carlton Daal went 1-3.
- Ronald Bueno went 2-3 with a double.
The pitching wasn’t as bad as the initial score would suggest as there were four unearned runs charged against Pedro Diaz. The offense struggled as they only had 5 hits and a walk that led to one run during the game. The game tonight will once again be on Milb.tv if you want to tune in.
8/15 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|