Louisville lost 7-6. Box Score
- Derrick Robinson went 2-5 with a double and an RBI.
- Neftali Soto went 2-4 with a HR (13) and 2 RBI.
- Felix Perez went 1-4 with a double.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-4 with a run.
- Denis Phipps went 2-4 with a HR (7).
- Emmanuel Burris went 1-2 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Zach Duke threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Josh Ravin threw a shutout inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Pedro Villarreal threw a perfect inning.
Daniel Corcino allowed 7 runs, 5 of which were earned in 5 innings with 5 walks and 8 strikeouts. The bullpen was strong as Duke, Ravin and Villarreal combined for 3 shutout innings with just a hit and a walk allowed. With the Bats down 7-2 in the top of the 8th inning Neftali Soto hit a solo homer to make it 7-3. Later in the inning Denis Phipps smacked a 3-run shot to bring Louisville within a run. The 9th inning for the Bats went 1-2-3 though as they dropped their 9th straight game.
Pensacola lost 5-1. Box Score
- Devin Lohman went 2-4.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Travis Mattair went 3-4 with an RBI.
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-4 with a double.
- Robert Stephenson allowed 2 runs in 6 innings with 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.
Robert Stephenson was cruising along through 6 innings before walking the first two batters of the 7th inning and exiting without recording an out. Michael Lorenzen came on and allowed the first runner to score. In a weird situation that I haven’t seen in a while, the other runner left on by Stephenson was erased on a fielders choice, but with a strange rule that makes the runner who reached on the play Stephenson’s responsibility. That runner came around to score and was charged to him. Lorenzen later allowed one of his own runners to score. Offensively the Blue Wahoos struggled to score despite 9 hits and a walk they were only able to score once.
Bakersfield lost 6-3. Box Score
- Juan Silverio went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Steve Selsky went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Juan Silva went 1-3 with a walk.
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a double, walk and 2 runs.
- Shaun Ellis threw 2 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
- Kyle McMyne threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Jake Johnson allowed 5 earned (6 total) over 5 innings. The offense struggled as they had just 6 hits in the game and no player had more than one hit.
Dayton won 8-3. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 2-4 with 2 runs.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 1-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Daniel Pigott went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Jeff Gelalich went 2-3 with a double, walk, RBI and a run.
- Tanner Rahier went 2-3 with a walk and 3 RBI.
- Zach Vincej went 2-3 with an RBI.
- Amir Garrett allowed 2 runs in 5.2 innings with a walk.
- Jackson Stephens allowed a run in 3.1 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
Amir Garrett and Jackson Stephens pitched well, though both struggled with consistency at times as they combined to pitch the entire game for the Dragons. The bottom half of the lineup did a lot of damage as Gelalich, Rahier and Vincej went 6-9 with 5 RBI and 2 walks from the 6-7-8 spots in the lineup. Jesse Winker didn’t have a hit, but walked and scored twice in 5 plate appearances. The win moves Dayton within 2 games of first place in the second half and to within 1 1/2 of the wild card spot. The game tonight will be locally broadcast in Dayton so if you subscribe to Milb.tv it will be a game worth tuning in for.
Billings won 9-6. Box Score
- Gabriel Rosa went 2-3 with 2 walks and 2 runs.
- Carlos Sanchez went 2-4 with a HR (3), 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Adam Matthews went 1-4 with a double, walk, run and 3 RBI.
- Daniel Paula went 2-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Robert Ramirez went 2-4 with a triple, RBI and a run.
- Carlton Daal went 3-4 with an RBI.
- Zack Weiss allowed a run in 3 innings with 2 strikeouts.
The Mustangs were trailing 2-0 heading into the 5th inning but tied the game up. Idaho Falls took a 3-2 lead half an inning later though. Billings took the lead right back with two more runs in the top of the 6th. They played add on in the 8th with a 4 run inning to take an 8-3 lead that held up as each team scored in each half inning the rest of the way. The box score listed Daniel Wright as the first pitcher of the game for Billings, but I went back and watched the game after it ended (Milb.tv is awesome) and Zack Weiss was the starter of the game.
AZL Reds lost 5-2. Box Score
- Aristides Aquino went 1-3 with a double, walk and a run.
- KJ Franklin went 1-3 with a double and an RBI.
- Argenis Aldazoro went 1-4 with a double.
- Dalton Carter went 1-2.
- Shedric Long went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Yonatan Suero went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Logan Uxa went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Tyler Mahle was charged with an unearned run in 5 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Bernardo Moreta threw 2.1 shutout innings with a walk and a strikeout.
The Reds had 4 errors that led to five unearned runs against the pitching with four of them coming in the 6th inning off of Chad Jones. Aristides Aquino remained hot as he reached base twice including a double. He has a double, two triples, 2 home runs and 2 walks in his last three games.
8/17 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|