Louisville lost 7-3. Box Score
- Neftali Soto went 2-5.
- Denis Phipps went 1-4 with a double, walk, RBI and a run.
- Henry Rodriguez went 2-4 with a double.
- Felix Perez went 2-4.
- Curtis Partch threw a perfect inning.
- Josh Ravin threw a shutout inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
With the Bats leading 3-2 in the bottom of the 5th Yohan Pino and Jose Arredondo ran into trouble as they combined to allow 4 runs in the inning that put Louisville down 6-3 and they weren’t able to recover as Rochester added another run in the 7th. The loss was the 10th in a row for the Bats.
Pensacola was rained out. No make up game will happen.
Bakersfield lost 3-1. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 2-4 with 2 doubles and an RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-4 with a double.
- David Vidal went 2-3 with a double.
- Fabian Williamson allowed a run in 7 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
Fabian Williamson threw 7 outstanding innings with just one run and 5 strikeouts. Jimmy Moran came on for the 8th and ran into some struggles as he walked two and allowed 2 runs in an inning of work. Junior Arias had a good night at the plate with two doubles and an RBI. David Vidal added a double in a two hit night.
Dayton lost 3-2. Box Score
- Sammy Diaz went 1-1 with 2 walks.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 2-4 with an RBI.
- Daniel Pigott went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Humberto Valor went 1-3.
- Drew Cisco threw a shutout inning.
- Tony Amezcua allowed a run in 3 innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Joel Bender threw 2 shutout innings.
Drew Cisco started the game bet left after one inning after having back spasms. Jesse Winker left the game half an inning later after injuring his foot making a catch at the wall. According to the Dragons official website he is going to have it x-rayed. The bullpen was strong as they allowed 3 runs over 8 innings. Offensively Dayton had just 5 hits and 2 walks as they plated just 2 runs in the loss.
Billings won 10-2. Box Score
- Jon Matthews went 3-4 with 2 runs.
- Avain Rachael went 1-4 with an RBI and 2 runs.
- Carlos Sanchez went 3-5 with a double, HR (4), 3 RBI and 2 runs.
- Adam Matthews went 2-5 with a grand slam (1).
- Daniel Paula went 2-5 with a double.
- Nick Benedetto went 2-4 with a solo HR (1) and 2 runs.
- Julio Morillo allowed a run in 5 innings with 4 strikeouts.
- Layne Somsen allowed a run in 4 innings with 4 strikeouts.
Billings was trailing 1-0 then exploded for 8 runs over the next two innings and never looked back with strong pitching performances by Julio Morillo and Layne Somsen.
AZL Reds lost 9-7. Box Score
- Kevin Garcia went 2-5 with a double and a run.
- Aristides Aquino went 2-5 with a double, RBI and 2 runs.
- Logan Uxa went 2-3 with a double, 2 walks, run and 3 RBI.
- Alberti Chavez went 2-4.
- Oviel Florentino went 1-4 with a run.
- Dalton Carter went 1-4 with a run.
- Manuel Aybar allowed one earned (2 total) in 4 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Ty Boyles was charged with an unearned run in 3 hitless innings without a walk and with 3 strikeouts.
The Reds scored 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th inning to take a 7-3 lead but the bullpen allowed 3 runs in the 8th and 9th inning to fall 9-7. They committed 5 errors in the game. While Aristides Aquino remained hot at the plate he had three errors in the game with two coming on throws and another on a fielding error.
8/18 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|