Louisville lost 4-1. Box Score
- Mike Hessman went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-3 with a walk.
- Kristopher Negron went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Jason Donald went 1-3 with a double.
- Tim Crabbe allowed 1 earned (3 total) in 7.1 innings with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
The Bats fell behind early as an error led to two unearned run in the 2nd inning. Toledo added two more runs in the 8th to jump up 4-0. Louisville got a run in the bottom of the 9th but couldn’t get any more to fall. Tim Crabbe had a strong debut at the AAA level with 7.1 innings of one earned run baseball.
Pensacola lost 2-0. Box Score
- Yorman Rodriguez went 2-4.
- Devin Lohman went 2-3.
- Jon Moscot threw 6 shutout innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Michael Lorenzen threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Lee Hyde threw a shutout inning.
The Blue Wahoos offense struggled as only Rodriguez, Lohman and LaMarre (1-4) had hits in the game where no one drew a walk. Jon Moscot lowered his ERA with Pensacola to 3.81 with 6 shutout innings. He handed the game off to Parker Frazier who struggled as he allowed 2 earned in an inning of work. That was all the Barons would need to keep the Blue Wahoos out of the win column. Michael Lorenzen and Lee Hyde each fired a scoreless inning to lower their ERA’s with Pensacola to 2.25 and 2.23. Hyde hasn’t allowed a run, earned or unearned, in 36.2 innings dating back to May.
Bakersfield lost 4-2. Box Score
- Junior Arias went 2-5 with an RBI.
- Juan Silva went 1-3 with an RBI and 2 RBI.
- David Vidal went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Julio Morillo went 2-3 with a walk and a run.
- Kyle McMyne threw 2 perfect innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Pat Doyle threw a perfect inning.
Steve Selsky was hit by a pitch in the helmet in his first plate appearance and had to exit the game. Junior Arias and Julio Morillo each had two hits in the game. Kyle McMyne threw 2 perfect innings. Since returning from Dayton he has posted a 1.35 ERA over 20 innings pitched. Pat Doyle lowered his ERA to 3.06 with a perfect inning of relief.
Dayton won 5-4 in 11 innings. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 3-5 with a triple, run and 2 steals (35).
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 2-5 with a double and a run.
- Daniel Pigott went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- Joe Hudson went 1-4 with 2 RBI.
- Nick Travieso was charged with 2 unearned runs in 6 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Nick Fleece threw a perfect inning of relief.
- Jesus Adames threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Both teams scored scored in the first inning with Lansing taking a 2-1 lead after the first. Both teams were scoreless until the 6th when Dayton scored 3 runs to take a 4-2 lead. The game remained that way until the bottom of the 9th when Alejandro Chacin gave up 2 runs to tie the game up. Dayton came up to bat in the top of the 11th with the scored still tied at 4 when Daniel Pigott singled to lead off of the inning and moved to third base after a sac bunt and a ground out. Joe Hudson came through with a 2-out RBI single to give Dayton the lead. Jesus Adames came on for the bottom of the 11th and sealed the win with a perfect inning. Beau Amaral tripled for the third straight game and he homered in the game before that. The win kept Dayton on pace with Bowling Green (+4 games) and Great Lakes (+2.5 games) in the playoff hunt.
Billings lost 8-3. Box Score
- Carlos Sanchez went 3-4 with a run.
- Adam Matthews went 2-4 with 2 doubles, an RBI and a run.
- J.R. Reynolds went 1-3 with a walk.
- Nolan Becker allowed a run in 3 innings with 2 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Fabian Roman threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
Pedro Diaz struggled with his control as he walked 3 and allowed 5 earned (6 total) in 3 innings and with the struggling Mustangs offense that was enough to put the game out of reach on this day. Carlos Sanchez had a nice day at the plate with 3 hits and Adam Matthews doubled twice in the game.
AZL Reds won 5-1. Box Score
- Corey Thompson went 2-4 with a double and 2 runs.
- KJ Franklin went 1-4 with an RBI and a run.
- Argenis Aldazoro went 1-2 with an RBI and a run.
- Shedric Long went 1-3 with a HR (1) and 3 RBI.
- Nick Routt threw 2.2 shutout innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Franderlyn Romero threw 5.1 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
The pitching was strong on the night for the Reds who gave up just one run while striking out a combined 8 with just 4 hits and a walk. Shedric Long smacked a 3-run homer, the first of his career, in the 6th inning.
8/26 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|