Louisville won 2-1. Box Score
- Neftali Soto went 1-4 with a solo HR (15).
- Felix Perez went 1-3 with a solo HR (10).
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-3.
- Mike Hessman went 1-3 with a double.
- Nevin Ashley went 1-3.
- Kanekoe Texeira allowed a run in 5 innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Zach Duke threw 2 perfect innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Daniel Corcino threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Jose Diaz threw a shutout inning with 2 strikeouts.
Felix Perez and Neftali Soto both added solo home runs that accounted for both of the runs. On the mound Kanekoa Texeira got the start and threw 5 strong innings with just one run allowed and 5 strikeouts. Zach Duke also struck out 5 over the next 2 innings without a base runner. The next pitcher was a big surprise as Daniel Corcino came out of the bullpen for the first time in years (not accounting for the time where he began pitching in the 2nd inning after a rehabbing pitcher began the game).
Pensacola won 6-2. Box Score
- Devin Lohman went 2-3 with a double, walk and 2 runs.
- Mike Costanzo went 2-4 with a HR (14), 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Yorman Rodriguez went 3-4 with a double, run and 2 RBI.
- Travis Mattair went 2-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Josh Smith allowed a run in 7 innings with 5 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Jamie Walczak threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Lee Hyde threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Josh Smith struggled with his control at times during the game, but allowed just 2 hits and a run over 7 innings. Michael Lorenzen came out in the 8th inning but struggled as he allowed all three runners he faced to reach on a walk and 2 hits. Lee Hyde fired a perfect inning which pushed his scoreless streak to 37.2 innings. Ryan LaMarre went 1-4 to extend his hitting streak to 10 games. Mike Costanzo and Yorman Rodriguez went a combined 5-8 with a double, homer, 3 runs and 4 RBI. Travis Mattair and Devin Lohman each added two hits with a double each.
Bakersfield lost 5-2. Box Score
- Juan Silverio went 3-4 with a solo HR (17).
- David Vidal went 2-4 with a double and a run.
- Yovan Gonzalez went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Shaun Ellis allowed 2 earned (3 total) in 6 innings with 3 strikeouts.
- Ben Klimesh threw 1.2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
Juan Silverio had a nice game with three hits, including his 17th home run of the year. Update: He has 11 walks and 17 home runs this season. Shaun Ellis had a nice start with 6 strong innings over three starts. Ben Klimesh threw 1.2 shutout innings to end the game with 3 strikeouts.
Dayton lost 18-6. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 2-5 with a double.
- Seth Mejias-Brean went 2-2 with a walk, double, HR (10), 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Daniel Pigott went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Brent Peterson went 2-2 with a run and 2 RBI.
- Brandon Dailey went 1-3 with an RBI.
- Humberto Valor went 1-3 with an RBI.
Seth Mejias-Brean had a nice game on offense. Brent Peterson and Beau Amaral added two hits each. The pitching and defense…. ouch. Amir Garrett allowed 8 runs in 3.1 innings. The bullpen allowed 10 runs, though only three were earned.
Billings won 4-2. Box Score
- Ty Washington went 1-2 with a double, walk and a run.
- Carlos Sanchez went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Adam Matthews went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Robert Ramirez went 2-3 with a triple, run and 2 RBI.
- Nick Benedetto went 1-3 with a double.
- Luke Moran threw 6 shutout innings with 2 walks and 7 strikeouts.
- Austin Muehring threw 2 perfect innings with a strikeout.
Luke Moran was strong as he fired 6 shutout innings before handing the game off to the bullpen with a 3-0 lead. Ogden scored twice in the 7th to cut the Mustangs lead to 3-2 but Billings came out and added a run in the bottom of the 7th to extend the lead to 4-2. Austin Muehring came up and threw 2 perfect innings to close the game out and seal the win.
AZL Reds were postponed.
8/27 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|