Louisville lost 3-0. Box Score
- Denis Phipps went 1-3.
- Jason Donald went 1-3.
- Pedro Villarreal allowed a run in 4 innings with 5 strikeouts.
- Kevin Whelan threw 2 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Loek Van Mil threw 1.1 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The offense really struggled as they reached base just three times (2 hits and a HBP) in the game as they were shutout. Pedro Villarreal had a strong start with just one run allowed over 4 innings with 5 strikeouts. Kevin Whelan and Loek Van Mil combined for 3.1 shutout innings out of the bullpen. Josh Ravin struggled with his control and allowed 2 runs in 1.2 innings with 2 walks.
Pensacola lost 5-4. Box Score
- Mike Costanzo went 1-4 with a double and a walk.
- Donald Lutz went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Tucker Barnhart went 1-3 with a walk and a run.
- Devin Lohman went 2-4 with a double, run and an RBI.
- Brandon Short went 1-2 with a walk, RBI and a run.
- Ray Chang went 2-3 with 2 doubles and an RBI.
- Chris Manno allowed a run in 2.1 innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Drew Hayes threw 2 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
Robert Stephenson struggled with his control as he walked 5 batters in 4.2 innings while allowing 4 runs and striking out 4. The bullpen was strong as they allowed just a run over 4.1 combined innings from Manno and Hayes who had 4 strikeouts. Ray Chang and Devin Lohman each added two hits on the offensive side of things while driving in a run.
Bakersfield lost 3-1. Box Score
- Juan Silverio went 1-4 with a solo HR (18).
- Kyle Waldrop went 2-4.
- Brooks Pinckard threw 1.2 shutout innings with 2 walks and a strikeout.
- Sean Lucas threw a perfect inning with 2 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Moran threw a shutout inning.
The Blaze got out to a 1-0 lead in the first inning with a solo homer in the first by Juan Silverio. Stockton took the lead in the 3rd inning for good though when they scored 2 runs. They would add another run in the 6th to extend the lead to 3-1. The Blaze offense struggled as they had just 5 hits without a walk in the game.
Dayton had the day off.
Billings won 6-4. Box Score
- Gabriel Rosa went 1-4 with a HR (6) and 2 RBI.
- Aristides Aquino went 2-4 with a triple and a run.
- Carlos Sanchez went 1-3 with a HR (5) and 3 RBI.
- Jose Ortiz went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Nick Benedetto went 1-3 with a run and an RBI.
- Carlton Daal went 1-3.
- Austin Salter threw 3 shutout innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Zack Weiss allowed a run in 3 innings with 2 strikeout.
The Mustangs jumped out to a quick 4-0 lead after scoring 2 runs in both the 1st and 2nd innings, two of which came from a 2-run homer by Carlos Sanchez. Ogden scored a run in the 6th to cut into the lead and then scored 2 more runs in the top of the 8th to cut the Billings lead to 4-3. Gabriel Rosa came out and hit a solo homer to lead off the inning. Aristides Aquino followed with a triple and one out later scored on a Carlos Sanchez sac fly to put Billings up 6-3. With Ogden scoring a run in the top of the 9th the insurance runs proved to be quite valuable.
AZL Reds won 7-4. Box Score
- Kevin Garcia went 2-3 with 2 doubles, a walk and 2 runs.
- KJ Franklin went 3-4 with a double and a run.
- Dalton Carter went 2-3 with a walk and a run.
- Yonatan Suero went 1-2 with a walk and a run.
- Aldi Guzman went 1-3 with a walk, HR (3) and 3 RBI.
- Mark Armstrong threw 2 shutout innings with a strikeout.
- Tyler Mahle threw 3 perfect innings with 5 strikeouts.
The first two pitchers for the Reds allowed just 1 hit over the first 5 innings of the game. The offense started well early too as they scored 6 runs over the first three innings of the game. KJ Franklin had a big game with three hits including a double. Kevin Garcia added two doubles and a walk while scoring twice out of the leadoff spot as he pushed his average up to .330 on the year. Today is the final game of the year for the AZL Reds.
8/28 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|