Louisville lost 7-4. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 2-5 with a double and a run.
- Derrick Robinson went 2-4 with a walk and a run.
- Neftali Soto went 2-5.
- Henry Rodriguez went 2-4 with a walk and a run.
- Denis Phipps went 1-3 with a walk, RBI and a run.
- Jose Arredondo threw 2 shutout innings with 3 strikeouts.
The pitching was strong through five innings but imploded in the 6th inning as Yohan Pino faced the first three batters of the inning and allowed all to reach before exiting. Zach Duke came on and allowed one runner to score and recorded two outs before exiting for Daniel Corcino who failed to get anyone out while allowing a grand slam and a solo homer to take a 4-0 Bats lead and turn it into a 7-4 deficit. The Clippers shut them down from that point forward allowing just one hit the rest of the way. Billy Hamilton, Derrick Robinson, Neftali Soto and Henry Rodriguez all had two hits.
Pensacola had the day off.
Bakersfield lost 4-3. Box Score
- Juan Silverio went 2-4 with a triple.
- Danny Vicioso went 1-4 with a solo HR (2).
- Yovan Gonzalez went 1-3.
- Juan Perez went 1-3 with a solo HR (8).
- Brent Peterson went 1-3 with a run.
- Joey Housey threw 2 perfect innings with a strikeout.
- Pat Doyle threw a perfect inning of work.
Stockton took an early lead after scoring 3 runs over the first two innings and scoring another run in the 6th to go up 4-0. The Blaze rallied in the 8th inning with two solo homers and an RBI groundout, but that left them one run short of what they needed heading into the 9th. Juan Silverio led off the 9th inning with a triple to put the tying run just 90 feet away but two groundouts and a fly out ended the game with Silverio stranded at third. Joey Housey kept his ERA at 0.00 with the Blaze (9 innings).
Dayton lost 4-1. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 2-4.
- Jon Matthews went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Joe Hudson went 1-3 with a double.
- Wandy Peralta threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
- Nick Fleece threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Dragons offense struggled to get going as they scored just 1 run on 6 hits in the game. Great Lakes scored 3 runs in the 4th and tacked on another run in the 5th and that was more than enough to get the job done on this night. The two teams are fighting it out for a wild card spot and the loss puts the Dragons 3.5 back with 5 games remaining. The Dragons will need to win out to keep their chances alive.
Billings had the day off.
AZL Reds lost 10-9. Box Score
- Kevin Garcia went 1-4 with a run and 2 walks.
- Cory Thompson went 2-4 with a double, walk, RBI and 2 runs.
- Logan Uxa went 2-4 with a double, triple, 3 RBI and 2 runs.
- KJ Franklin went 3-4 with a double, walk, run and 2 RBI.
- Dalton Carter went 2-5 with a double and an RBI.
- Alberti Chavez went 3-5.
- Jose Duarte went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Manuel Aybar allowed one earned (2 total) in 3 innings with 3 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Juan Martinez threw 1.2 perfect innings with 3 strikeouts.
This was the last game of the season for the Reds who finished at 18-37. KJ Franklin finished out the year strong, hitting .522 over his last 5 games of the season to finish at .260. Kevin Garcia went 1-4 with 2 walks and finished the season at .328/.399/.477.
8/29 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|