Louisville won 2-1. Box Score
- Derrick Robinson went 2-4 with a walk and a run.
- Neftali Soto went 2-4 with a walk.
- Henry Rodriguez went 1-4 with a walk and a run.
- Corky Miller (rehab) went 1-2 with a walk.
- Mike Hessman went 0-1 with 2 walks and an RBI.
- Chad Rogers allowed a run in 7 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Jose Diaz threw 1.1 shutout innings with 2 strikeouts.
Chad Rogers threw 7 strong innings where he allowed just one run before handing the game off to Curtis Partch and Jose Diaz who completed the final 2 innings without allowing a run. Louisville did their scoring early as they plated singled runs in both the 2nd and 3rd innings to take a 2-0 lead. Billy Hamilton went 1-5 and stole two bases to push his total to 75 on the year.
Pensacola lost 2-1. Box Score
- Yorman Rodriguez went 1-4 with a double and a run.
- Donald Lutz went 2-4 with 2 doubles.
- Tucker Barnhart went 1-4 with an RBI.
- Theo Bowe went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Carlos Contreras went 1-2 at the plate. He allowed a run in 5.1 innings with 4 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Drew Hayes threw 1.1 shutout innings of relief.
In another low scoring game on the farm this time the good guys came out on the losing end. Carlos Contreras struggled with his control at times but was able to limit the damage as he allowed just one run over 5.1 innings. Donald Lutz added two doubles and was the only Blue Wahoo that reached base twice. Yorman Rodriguez added a double and a run.
Bakersfield won 4-1. Box Score
- Juan Silva went 1-4 with a run.
- Juan Silverio went 2-4 with a solo HR (19).
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with a solo HR (15).
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-3 with a walk and an RBI.
- Danny Vicioso went 1-3 with a double and a run.
- Juan Perez went 2-4 with an RBI and 4 steals (31).
- Julio Morillo went 1-1.
- Brent Peterson went 2-4.
- James Allen allowed 1 run in 6 innings with 3 walks and 5 strikeouts.
- Ben Klimesh threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strikeout.
- Carlos Gonzalez threw a perfect inning.
- Pat Doyle threw a perfect inning of work.
James Allen allowed a solo home run in the 2nd inning and it was the only hit that the Blaze pitching staff allowed as the relievers all threw a hitless inning. Juan Silverio and Juan Duran each homered. Silverio has three homers in his last four games.
Dayton lost 3-0. Box Score
- Daniel Pigott went 2-3 with a walk.
- Joe Hudson went 1-3.
- Zach Vincej went 1-3.
- Joel Bender threw 3 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
Sal Romano got the start and struggled at times with his control as he walked 3 batters in 5 innings while allowing 3 runs. On a night where the offense really struggled that was enough to put the Dragons behind for good. Joel Bender came on and did all he could to keep Dayton alive with 3 hitless innings, but the offense couldn’t put things together to get anything across the plate. The loss eliminates them from the playoffs.
Billings lost 7-5. Box Score
- Ty Washington went 1-4 with a run.
- Aristides Aquino went 1-4 with a HR (7) and 3 RBI.
- Carlos Sanchez went 1-4 with a double.
- Adam Matthews went 1-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Daniel Paula went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Chad Jones threw a hitless inning with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Oswaldo Mieres threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Mustangs were down 6-0 before getting on the board in the 7th inning when they scored twice. Great Falls scored another run in the bottom of the inning to put them ahead 7-2. Billings got back on the board again with a 3-run homer by Aristides Aquino to cut into the lead to make it 7-5 with no outs in the 8th, but the next 6 batters in the game went quietly to end the game.
AZL Reds season is complete.
8/30 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|