Louisville lost 4-3. Box Score
- Billy Hamilton went 1-4 with a run.
- Mike Hessman went 1-4 with a double and an RBI.
- Kristopher Negron went 2-4 with a HR (5) and 2 RBI.
- Tim Crabbe went 1-2 at the plate. He was charged with an unearned run in 5 innings with 4 walks and 4 strikeouts.
The Bats bullpen struggled as three pitchers combined for 3 earned runs over the final 2.2 innings after Tim Crabbe threw 5.1 solid innings with just an unearned run charged against him.
Pensacola lost 10-2. Box Score
- Corey Wimberly went 1-3 with a run.
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
- Michael Lorenzen threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
- Trevor Bell threw a shutout inning with a walk.
Daniel Renken allowed 7 earned (9 total) in 4.1 innings as he struggled with his control. The offense struggled to get going as they had just 5 hits and 2 runs, both of which came in the 3rd inning.
Bakersfield won 7-4. Box Score
- Juan Silverio went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- Juan Duran went 3-4 with a double, HR (16), 2 runs and 3 RBI.
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-4 with a double, RBI and a run.
- Juan Perez went 2-4 with a triple and 2 RBI.
- Shane Dyer was charged with 4 unearned runs over 3.2 innings with 2 walks and 4 strikeouts.
- Brooks Pinckard threw 2.1 shutout inning with 3 walks and 2 strikeouts.
- Sean Lucas threw a hitless inning with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Jimmy Moran threw a perfect inning.
- Carlos Gonzalez threw a shutout inning with a strikeout.
The Blaze defense had two errors leading to four unearned runs in the 4th inning that tied the game up. The Blaze scored a single run in the top of the 5th to take the lead and played add-on as they scored two more in the 8th inning. Juan Duran had a big game with 3 hits including a double and a homer with 3 RBI.
Dayton won 8-0. Box Score
- Beau Amaral went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- Sammy Diaz went 2-5 with a run and 2 RBI.
- Daniel Pigott went 2-4 with a walk, RBI and 2 runs.
- Jon Matthews went 2-5 with a triple and an RBI.
- Robert Ramirez went 2-5 with a double, triple, RBI and a run.
- Ismael Guillon allowed a hit and a walk over 6 shutout innings with 9 strikeouts.
- Jesus Adames threw a perfect inning.
- Werleen Taveras threw a perfect inning.
- Alejandro Chacin threw a perfect inning with 3 strikeouts.
Ismael Guillon has thrown 12 innings with just on hit over his last two starts with 12 strikeouts. He has posted a 1.34 ERA in August. The lone single of the game was off of Guillon as the bullpen came out and threw three perfect innings (Adames, Taveras and Chacin). The game will be on local television in Dayton, so if you have Milb.tv it is a game worth tuning in for.
Billings lost 8-7. Box Score
- Gabriel Sanchez went 0-2 with 3 walks and 2 runs.
- Aristides Aquino went 2-5 with an RBI and a run.
- Carlos Sanchez went 2-5 with a HR (6) and 3 RBI.
- Kevin Garcia went 1-2 with 2 walks.
- Carlton Daal went 1-3 with a walk.
- Ty Washington went 1-3 with a run.
- Nick Routt allowed one earned (4 total) in 3 innings with a walk and 3 strikeouts.
- Scott Brattvet threw 1.2 hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
- Austin Muehring threw a hitless innings with a walk and 2 strikeouts.
The offense took advantage of limited chances as they scored 7 runs on 8 hits and 6 walks. Kevin Garcia made his Billings debut and reached base three times. Aristides Aquino and Carlos Sanchez each added two hits. Gabriel Rosa didn’t have a hit in two at bats but he walked three times and scored twice.
AZL Reds season is complete.
8/31 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|