Louisville lost 5-1. Box Score
- Thomas Neal went 1-4 with a solo HR (2).
- Shelley Duncan went 0-2 with 2 walks.
- Argenis Diaz went 1-3.
- Jair Jurrjens allowed 3 earned (5 total) in 6 innings with 2 walks and 3 strikeouts.
- Tim Crabbe threw 2 hitless innings with 3 walks.
- Curtis Partch threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Bats defense had some miscues and some timely Gwinnett hitting put Louisville down 5-0 after three innings. The Braves were done scoring after three innings, but it was enough as the lone Bats run came on a solo home run by Thomas Neal in the sixth inning.
Pensacola won 14-13. Box Score
- Brodie Greene went 3-6 with 3 runs.
- Rey Navarro went 2-5 with 2 runs.
- Steve Selsky went 1-4 with a walk and 2 runs.
- Ross Perez went 3-5 with a triple, 2 runs and 6 RBI.
- Travis Mattair went 2-5 with a double, 2 runs and 2 RBI.
- Juan Duran went 1-4 with with a walk, HR (9) and 3 RBI.
- Ray Chang went 1-3 with a walk, RBI and a run.
- Josh Fellhauer went 1-1 as a pinch hitter.
The Blue Wahoos showed up for a baseball game in Mobile but they won by scoring two touchdowns and converting both extra points while Mobile missed one of their extra points on their two touchdowns. Ok, maybe that didn’t happen but the score sure reflects it. Carlos Contreras was the only pitcher to not give up at least one run in the game for Pensacola and he only pitched a third of an inning. The offense came through in a big way though as they pounded out 14 hits and five walks as they scored 14 runs in the game. Ross Perez led the way with three hits and six RBI. Juan Duran drove in three and homered for the ninth time of the year.
Bakersfield lost 8-5. Box Score
- Ryan Wright went 2-5 with a solo HR (8).
- Jesse Winker went 1-4 with a walk and a solo HR (13).
- Kyle Waldrop went 1-5 with a HR (6) an 2 RBI.
- Juan Perez went 1-4 with a run and a steal.
- Brent Peterson went 2-2 with 2 walks.
- Wandy Peralta allowed 2 earned (3 total) in 6 innings with 2 walks and 6 strikeouts.
- Tim Adleman threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
Both teams scored in the first inning, but Modesto left the inning with a 3-2 lead. Bakersfield tied the game up in the fourth inning and took a 5-3 lead in the fifth with a Kyle Waldrop 2-run homer. Wandy Peralta left the game after six innings with a 5-3 lead, but the bullpen struggled on night as they allowed five runs over the seventh and eighth innings. The Blaze were not able to come back.
Dayton lost 5-0. Box Score
- Phillip Ervin went 1-3 with a walk.
- Sebastian Elizalde went 2-4.
- Tanner Rahier went 1-3.
- Dan Langfield allowed a run in 3 innings with a walk and 5 strikeouts.
- Tony Amezcua threw a hitless inning with a walk and a strkeout.
- Nolan Becker threw a perfect inning with a strikeout.
The Dragons offense never got going and the pitching combined to allow five runs. It was a bad combination on the day. The offense managed just five hits and a walk.
6/14 Game Preview
|Team||1st half||2nd half||Time (EST)||Probable||Box Score||Listen Live||Watch Live|